World Syntegrity Project
Collated Statements of Importance
HEALTH - CAIRO, EGYPT
- For a better health system for the citizens of the world, drugs (e.g., cocaine, marijuana, and the like) that abnormally affect the senses/nervous system should be extinguished from the face of the earth.
- Snuffs (e.g., cigarettes) which have been determined through research to be dangerous to lungs and health in general should be also extinguished.
- To do one and two above, experty clean, a means like spraying of herbicide, in the atmosphere of the whole earth, which will selectively kill the vegetations of unwanted plantations, should be done very adequately.
- Then, for medical reasons to which ends some of these vegetations could be put, government should take control of their growth strictly, as in minting various national currencies, and dispatch them in form of mixtures (liquids or solids) to medical practitioners.
- Physicians and medical practitioners in general should be trained, with government shouldering the involved costs, and their wages should be very appreciably substantial. This will motivate their absolute seriousness.
- Individual personal care should be stressed, like personal attitudes (e.g. , radiation of love from the inner self, abstinence from nursing negative, inhibiting thoughts) and moderate exercises and diet, in which case:
- Government should subsidize the cost of most food items to ensure that balanced diets get to the grassroots level of the citizenry-all over the world.
HEALTHY SURVIVAL - Brown - MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA
Health is an experience, more than an idea, belief or principle - an interaction between self and the environment, an interaction which constitutes the following key elements: Nature, Time and Space, Knowledge, Resources, Technologies.
Social Structures: Language, ethics, laws, institutions.
The everyday life-world of the self and relations between selves - emotioning and attitudes: trusting, sharing, respecting, nurturing, loving. Attainment of sustainable health requires revisioning and rebalancing the interactions between these elements.
HEALTH CARE - NEW HARTFORD, NEW YORK
Universal access to affordable or free health care, including mental health
care with an emphasis on preventive programs; i.e., nutrition, birth
control, and the right to choose abortion. Educational programs to
begin at the earliest educational levels to provide information on all
aspects of health including sex education. Fiscal support in the form
of increased taxation on alcohol and tobacco, reallocation of funds
from duplication of administrative costs to a single-layer system.
Health care providers, including physicians, to be trained at
government cost and salaried as are other workers. Research and
development of pharmaceuticals through the National Institute of
Health, private companies benefiting from such research and development
provide those medications on a nonprofit basis. Marijuana legalized for
health purposes. Drug treatment centers available to all without
waiting lists. All prisons to provide drug education and treatment
for prisoners who have a drug addiction problems. The profit motive
must be removed from health care.