World Syntegrity Project
Collated Statements of Importance
Topic: Individual Responsibility
INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY - black - AMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS
- Every individual has through one's actions influence on one's environment
- Awareness of the foregoing leads to responsibility for ones actions.
- Governing the world is only feasible in case each individual takes responsibility for his or her own actions.
- Everyone should leave others free to take their own responsibility
- Individual responsibility entails awareness of influence upon society.
GLOBAL WARMING -Orange - LIVERPOOL, U.K.
Given sufficient information the consumer has immense capacity to achieve change, but encouragement of this perception is essential. The individual is responsible for the difference their action makes.
THINK BIG, ACT SMALL - Red - LIVERPOOL, U.K.
Making existing institutions work and accountable e.g. Broad-based Organisations
- community action
Enabling and empowering people to be involved in decision making
- Local <----------------------> National
- Reviving cooperative principles e.g. Mondragon.
- Individuals join organisations that allow individuals to effect global issues.
PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY IS A CRUCIAL INGREDIENT OF GOOD WORLD CITIZENSHIP -Yellow - LONDON, ENGLAND
Responsibility presupposes that there is some consensus morality (guidelines NOT rules) available to us. Unfortunately we don't yet know what this consensus morality is.
In our present state of ignorance people need rich, accurate feedback (*) about the consequences of their actions. This initiates a process of bringing into focus the implicit moral values which already tell us that some consequences are good, some are bad, and some are intolerable.
If we accept that different groups may have moral consensus which differ significantly, then there is a need for higher level moral guidelines which would enable these different groups to coexist amicably.
* e.g. a 100% advertising tax could generate a budget for counter-advertising which would convey information normally suppressed or ignored - e.g. moral audits, after the fashion of "green audits."
ESTABLISH A MORAL CODE CONSISTING OF A SIMPLE "PRIME DIRECTIVE' THAT CAN BE ADOPTED BY ALL - SPECIFICALLY INCULCATE, "THE DESIRE TO RECEIVE FOR THE PURPOSE OF SHARING. -Silver - TORONTO, CANADA
The purpose of Receiving is to share. This moral code is the responsibility of all World Citizens.
RIGHT RELATIONSHIP TO SELF RESULTS IN RIGHT RELATIONSHIP TO ALL LIVING BEINGS, ALL OTHERS AND THE PLANET. (CIRCUMSTANCE IS DETERMINED BY WILL). Dark Blue - TORONTO, CANADA
This group met inside the 10 foot high "Mother Icosahedron". They stated that they did this because the (Syntegration) process can be tiring and the tiredness can be overcome. "We owe ourselves and were obliged to get our energy back". The team finished by creating a pledge which all team members affirmed.
"As a Sovereign world citizen I commit to:
- becoming 100% responsible for all aspects of my life
- respect all forms of life
- empowering others to do the same"
How: By reversing our ignorance and denial, the willingness to share our truths and experience and express our feelings in uplifting ways.
"Make a difference of one as often as you can!"