World Syntegrity Project
Collated Statements of Importance
Topic: Legal Systems
WITHOUT BOUNDARIES - White - BOGOTA, COLOMBIA
The world has a diversity of cultures that mutually enrich themselves. Individual mobility freedom is a right that is exercised within a framework of respect for all residents. National boundaries must become increasingly porous (double nationality, elimination of the visa system, minimum guarantees for foreigners).
Any citizen has fundamental rights which must be respected and protected at a planetary level, through direct access of the individual to international organizations.
LEGAL SYSTEM - CAIRO, EGYPT
- Upon matters that are fundamental to the existence and well-being of all humanity in general;
- For respect of fundamental human rights everywhere and its protection to enhance the preservation of overall dignity of man in the universe;
- To not only enshrine but also to make as a way of life, justice and fair play to all citizens everywhere, these should be an established global legal framework on which to base legislation, implementation, and adjudication.
- A citizen should be free to do anything safe, not interfering with other citizens' well-being.
For a sense of oneness of people and world,
- World Government should have uniform and common passport.
- World Government should protect it in case of any personal abuse, in which case it should be replaced at expiration.
IDEOLOGIES -Light Blue - LIVERPOOL, U.K.
Legislation is required as a defence of individual rights, and has a crucial proactive role encouraging integration and hence intercommunal understanding.
Legislation is not enough - the individual must take action by means of
- recognizing "the other" as "the same"
- celebrating the diversity of cultures
- taking personal responsibility as a consumer by supporting fair trade.
GLOBAL REGULATION - Red- MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA
This concern is far too large and complex to be resolved in one Syntegration. Commitment is needed to prolong consideration, consultation and negotiation, as for example, the drawing up of the US constitution.
- How is regulation defined?
- How to resolve the tension between regulation and sovereign citizenry?
- How to establish incorruptible, trustworthy administration?
- How to handle the tension/balance between the need for time efficiency and broad participation of millions of groups.
- An awareness by citizenship of their responsibility is crucial.
HOW TO DETERMINE GLOBAL REGULATORY MECHANISMS? - POSSIBLE OPTIONS:
Bring together those having long experience in these matters to solicit input and put optional proposals for discussion; initial preference is not for citizens referenda for acceptance of proposed mechanisms.
One option: continuing Syntegrations
Another option: mechanism decided by those prepared to commit to the endurance test of continuous, protracted, consensual agreement-building process.
- The regulatory mechanisms need to be consistent with and embody the ethical parameters and purposes established via Syntegrity or other means.
- All regulation is useless without effective administration and enforcement. Greater emphasis needs to be placed on prevention, self regulation and education to minimise need for enforcement.
- Transnationals, large organisations and government institutions must be targeted in policing global law; individuals to be prosecuted rather than groups and nations.
GLOBAL UTILITIES REQUIRING REGULATION - banking, insurance, environment and resources, transitional industries, health standards, taxation, global law reinforcement (courts including arbitration and mediation), human rights, info-systems, arms control, education standards, world trade and shipping, technological development and media.
LAND TELLS US AND OTHERS WHO WE ARE, WHAT WE OWN AND HOW WE MANAGE OUR OWN RESOURCES. - Brown - TORONTO, CANADA
The Goal - We wish to prevent the privatization of Heritage Resources so that we may collectively meet the responsibilities of Global Stewardship and lasting sustainability. This statement is a local attempt to address a global problem. Heritage resources are being privitized. We want to stop this by appropriate means.
One Suggested Method - Establish the Heritage Trust Fund which is the
collection of small change for the purchase of Heritage Resources in
the private market place. Appropriate means - voluntary contribution.